The comedian has now declared himself ‘over it’ when it comes to discussions about being rehired at Oscars host, saying he has ‘nothing to prove’
At the end of last week, the actor and comedian who stepped down from hosting this year’s Oscars in the wake of a controversy over homophobia, said he was “evaluating” his position in terms of a return to the role. On Wednesday, Hart appeared to have come to a decision: that he would not be open to being rehired by the Academy – at least, not this year.
Appearing on breakfast TV show Good Morning America, Hart said: “I am done with it. It gets no more energy. For the last time, I am done addressing this. There is no more conversation about it. I’m done with it, I am over it.”
Kevin Hart rules himself out of Oscars hosting return